Subak Soju (Watermelon Soju)
“Subak” means “Watermelon” in Korean.
Soju is Korean signature clear, colorless distilled alcohol beverage.
Very similar with rice wine or vodka.
The watermelon, subak season is right here!!
Gotta make some delicious and fun watermelon recipes!
In Korea, there are so many different types of soju cocktails all around the bar.
Soju is our #1 alcohol and it’s in our soul and blood.
During the summer time, of course everyone wants something ice cold drinks to cool the body temperature down.
There are lots of menu to eat or drink Korean dishes in the summer time and today I’m going to show you how to make Subak Soju, Watermelon Soju!
It’s very simple and easy. Also you can do exact same recipe with pineapple, honey dew or any other fruits that you love!
You must be older than 21 to try this recipe though! lol 😉
Hope you guys enjoy my subak soju recipe at home!!
- 1 mini seedless watermelon
- 1 bottle (375ml) of soju (you can substitute with vodka, white rum or sake)
- 1 bottle (355ml) of sprite
- Slice off top of watermelon, no more than 1-inch to 1 1/2-inch.
- Scoop out all watermelon meat and place in a blender. Keep watermelon bowl in a refrigerator or a freezer to serve drink. Blend until watermelon becomes smooth juice.
- Strain through a fine strainer. This is optional, but I like to do it because it removes most of foams and makes it extra silky. It should be around 2 1/2 cups if it’s more just keep it in a refrigerator or in a freezer for later use. (It will last up to 3 days in a refrigerator or 1 month in a freezer.)
- Combine watermelon juice, soju and sprite in a pitcher and give it a good stir.
- Now, you can serve right away in a watermelon bowl with some ice in it or freeze watermelon soju mixture in a freezer for 2 to 3 hours for slush-like texture. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins