Today I’m finally sharing my Dolsot Bibimbap recipe!! YAY~!!
I shared bibimbap recipe like 3 years ago, but you know it’s more than 15 minutes long video. Ain’t nobody got time for that!?! lol
But the recipe is SO GOOD, it deserve much more and you guys deserve to know this world best bibimbap recipe. So I decided to make a newer & better version of video and also doing your requested recipe.
Even though I shared bibimbap recipe so many of you were asking me to make this Dolsot Bibimbap recipe, so here it is!
Dolsot Bibimbap and regular bibimbap are basically something, accept the serving style. Regular bibimbap served on just regular shallow bowl while Dolsot Bibimbap served on a stone pot. Dolsot means stone pot in Korean.
So feel free to make this bibimbap recipe and serve on regular blow, it won’t need to change a bit and it is still equally delicious. 🙂
Dolsot Bibimbap’s best part is that it creates delicious crispy rice part on the bottom. Ah, it’s to die for! Also the food is hot and warm from the first bite to last bite. Which works amazing during fall and winter time! We all want hot and warm foods for the cold weather!
Hope you guys give this amazing Dolsot Bibimbap recipe a try, it is WAY TOO GOOD to miss out!!
Literally it will make your day, the best day you will ever have.
I’m serious. Really.
For Gochujang Sauce
- 1 Clove garlic
- 2 oz. Fuji apple, roughly chopped (Approximately 3 Tbs.)
- 2 oz. Onion, roughly chopped (Approximately 3 Tbs.)
- 1/2 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. Gochujang
- 1 Tbs. Lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. Mirin(Seasoned rice wine)
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Sesame oil
- Pinch of black pepper
For Marinate Beef (Or any protein you are using)
- 1 lb. beef (New York strips, Sirloin, chuck or rib-eye), cut into one bite-size
- 2 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. Mirin, seasoned rice wine
- 1 Tbs. Sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. Sugar
- Black pepper
For the Vegetables
- sesame oil
- 1 Zucchini, julienned
- 1 Yellow squash, julienned
- 3 medium size carrots, julienned
- 1 (5-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Korean mung bean sprouts or soybean sprouts side dish (For the Recipe CLICK HERE)
- 1 cup Korean spinach side dish (For the Recipe CLIKC HERE)
- 1 cup Korean radish side dish or Korean cucumber side dish (For the Recipe CLICK HERE)
- 1 cup chopped kimchi (For the Recipe CLICK HERE)
- 4 cups warm cooked rice (Short grain white rice or brown rice)
How to Make RiceCLICK HERE
- 4 eggs
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Let’s make Gochujang sauce first.
Combine all ingredients for gochujang sauce in a blender, food processor, or hand blender; pulse until it becomes smooth texture sauce. Set aside until serving in a fridge.
- Now, let’s marinate beef. (You can use pork, chicken, or tofu as well)
Combine all ingredients for marinating beef in a medium mixing bowl. Toss everything together and let stand 20 minutes. Meanwhile preparing vegetables.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. We’re going to sauté vegetables from light color to dark color so the light color vegetables wouldn’t stain.
Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add julienned yellow squash and a pinch of salt to pan; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove squash from pan, keep warm. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add julienned zucchini and a pinch of salt to pan; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove zucchini from pan, keep warm. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add carrots and a pinch of salt to pan; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove carrot from pan, keep warm. Add 1 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt to pan; sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan, keep warm.
- After cook all vegetables, finally time to cook beef. In same skillet, add marinated beef; sauté for 7 to 8 minutes or until cooked through, no more juices and slightly browned edges. Remove from pan, keep warm.
- Brush each stone pot with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil evenly. Place 1 cup of rice on bottom of each stone pot. Arrange vegetables evenly around edge and place beef right in middle. Heat stone pot bibimbap on a stove over high heat until you hear a sizzling sound.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil. Crack eggs into pan; cook until whites are set to serve as sunny-side-up or until your desired doneness. Remove from heat.
- Remove stone pot bibimbap from heat and top with 1 egg and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil each stone pot. Serve with gochujang sauce.
- Eat by adding as much sauce as you or your guests desire and mixing everything together.
You can use any seasonal vegetables, as well as raw vegetables(Cabbage, cucumber, kale and etc.). Play and mix and match vegetables for your taste!
You can make this same recipe for regular bibimbap. Instead of using stone pot, using shallow bowls and skip the heating process and serve right away.
Non Spicy Sauce
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil and seeds
2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins