Eggslut Sandwich Recipe (Fair Fax Inspired)
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- 2 to 4 slices bacon
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes or Sriracha
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped chive or 2 Tbs. chopped green onion
- 1 croissant, split horizontally
- 1 slice or handful shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; place bacon and cook until golden and crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate. Remove bacon fat from skillet. (either wipe it out with paper towel, or pour into your bacon jar to later use)
- Pour maple syrup and add red pepper flakes on now-dry-skillet. Stir to combine and add bacon. Coat bacon evenly with spicy maple syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Start toasting your croissant and let’s get into eggs.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs with pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and add butter. Let butter melt completely and pour egg mixture. Quickly scramble egg with a spatula, forming soft curds, about 1 minute 20 second. Do not over cook egg. Remove from heat.
- Fold in chopped chive and egg should be finish cooking with leftover heat of skillet.
- On a toasted croissant bottom, place egg first then cheddar and candied bacon. Cover with croissant top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
The original Eggslut’s Fair Fax sandwich is made with chive scrambled eggs, caramelized onion, sriracha mayo and brioche buns.
- Cook Time: 15 mins