Today I’m finally sharing my omurice recipe with you all!!! YAY~!!
Thank you so much for being patient with me, I just wanted to make this recipe as easy and simple omurice recipe possible that you can find online. 🙂
Omurice is actually 2 words putting tougher, Omelet and Rice.
Now days, there are so many different kinds of Omurice out there with unique fried rices and sauces but the classic version is tomato/ketchup based chicken fired rice wrapped with egg omelet topped with ketchup.
So today I decided to share the classic one! 🙂Print
For the Fried Rice
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- 4 oz. Chicken breast (You can also use pork, beef, shrimp, or spa. Tofu or mushroom for vegetarian option), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup Cooked and cooled white rice
- 1/3 cup Marinara sauce, plus more to serve with
- 2 tsp. Chopped parsley or chive
For the Omelet
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- Heat a wok or a skillet over medium high heat, add butter. Add chicken cubes and season with pinch of salt and pepper. Stir fry until chicken is 3/4 way cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir fry until rice is coated with butter evenly. Keep stirring to separated rice and make sure there is no lumps of rice. About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour marinara into rice and combine together, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chopped parsley and remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with salt with a whisk. Heat another nonstick wok or a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add butter and let it melt. Your wok/skillet suppose to be hot enough to make butter bubble, but not hot enough to turn into brown color.
- Pour egg mixture. Scramble egg with a spatula until egg is start pulling from wok. At this point, stop scrabbling egg with a spatula and just swirling wok to make even layer egg omelet. Using spatula to spread and help egg settle evenly. Turn off heat (Omelet will be keep cooking with rest of heat from wok).
- Place fried rice middle of omelet and shape it as a football or an oval.
- Carefully warp fried rice with one side of omelet and real gently bring omurice to a edge of wok/skillet. (Opposite side of handle.)
- Grab your serving dish and place serving dish’s edge is touching wok/skillet edge where your omurice is. Now carefully, but quickly flip it over your wok/skillet.
- No worries if it doesn’t look perfect. Just grab a paper towel, cover omurice and simply and gently re-shape your omurice.
- Pour warm marinara sauce right on top (Ketchup works great as a sauce too.) and serve immediately.