Have you tried to make fried garlic and chili garlic oil at home?
Surprisingly, it is really easy to make!
No need to make a bulk, because time goes by, it will lose the fragrance and stale.
Let’s talk about the fried garlic first.
Obviously, you can buy fried garlic in a container easily at your local Asian grocery stores or online.
I actually do have store bought fired garlic, I won’t lie.
It is convenient and decent.
It can’t beat homemade fried garlic.
Another perk of homemade fried garlic?
Garlic infused oil or you can make chili glare oil!
All you need to do is place your favorite chili flakes in to a mixing bowl whereto will drain the garlic infused oil!
Both (garlic infused oil & chili garlic oil) are amazing to use stir-fry, dressing, marinate and more!
Do not fry until perfect golden brown color, because it will keep darkening even after take out from oil.
Key point here is low and slow, if you rush and increase heat, garlic will easily burn and end up with bitter taste.
Hope you find yourself making this incredible homemade fried garlic and chili garlic oil at home!
- 1 bulb garlic (approximately 2 oz)
- ½ cup cooking oil (you can use any oil you’d like to use because we are cooking on low heat and it will become garlic infused oil at the end.)
- Roughly peel garlic. Chop with knife or pound & grind in a mortar until it still has some texture.
- Heat oil in a small skillet or a sauce pan over medium low. Add garlic and spread evenly. It should not make too loud sizzle sound at this point. Fry garlic for 6 to 8 minutes, or until garlic pieces are light golden color. Do not fry until perfect golden brown color, because it will keep darkening even after take out from oil. Key point here is low and slow, if you rush and increase heat, garlic will easily burn and end up with bitter taste.
- Drain garlic through a strainer, over a mixing bowl. If you want to make chili garlic oil, add chili flakes in mixing bowl when you strain garlic and oil or just keep as garlic infused oil. If you like to, you can season chili garlic oil with some salt and sugar for more flavor.
- Back to fried garlic, drain oil completely and spread evenly on a paper towel to get rid of excess oil. Cool it completely before store. Transfer to a air tight container, it will last 2 to 3 days.