Lately I’ve been eating lots of salad, I don’t know why? lol
Probably I noticed the weather gets warmer, and summer is coming… and I would love to go to a beach and wanna wear my bikini and still look good..! hahahahahaha
I had American-Chinese style chicken salad very first time a few years ago at Applebee’s and I actually liked it! So sometimes I remember that taste and recreate at home.
My Oriental Chicken Salad is much healthier than from a restaurant because I controlled all the sugar & fat amount. So it makes me feel so much better eating it! 🙂
You can make the dressing and keep in your refrigerator for about a week, and it is delicious not only as a salad dressing but dipping sauce for your meat or even pour over a bowl of rice! Yum!!]
I made as simple as possible, but you know it’s your salad and customize however you like! You can add carrots, red bell peppers, cabbages, peanuts, cilantro, bean sprouts, green onion, crushed raw ramen noodles… the choice is endless!
Hope you guys give this recipe a try at home, you will never have to run to a restaurant because you are craving Oriental Chicken Salad anymore!
For Oriental Dressing
- 2Tbs. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. Toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. Honey
- 1 Tbs. Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. Toasted sesame seeds
- 1/8 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 Clove garlic, grated a garlic using a cheese grater.
For the Chicken
- 1 Chicken breast
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 Tbs. Cooking oil
For the Greens
- 1 Head of Romain lettuce, cut into bite size
- 1 oz. Radish spouts or Bean sprouts
- 4 oz. Canned mandarins
- 1 oz. Red onion, sliced thinly and soaked in ice cold water for 10 minutes.
- 1 oz. Wonton strips
- Carrot, tomato, cilantro, nuts, raw ramen or anything you’d like to add on salad for your taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing and whisk until smooth, set aside.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.32.33-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.32.36-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.32.42-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.32.46-AM.png”][/url]
- Season chicken breast with pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium high heat; add 1cooking oil. Place chicken bread season side down, and season another side with pinch of salt and pepper. Cook chicken 6 minutes then flip it over. Cook additional 6 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and golden brown, set aside.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.33.21-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.33.29-AM.png”][/url]
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.33.43-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.33.46-AM.png”][/url]
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.33.53-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.33.15-AM.png”][/url]
- In a serving bowl, place lettuce, sprouts, mandarins and red onion.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.33.10-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.33.01-AM.png”][/url]
- Cut chicken into bite sizes and put right on top of greens.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.34.00-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.34.05-AM.png”][/url][url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.34.15-AM.png”][/url]
- Garnish with wonton strips and serve with oriental dressing.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.34.35-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.35.08-AM.png”][/url][url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-10.31.54-AM-copy-1024×554.png”][/url]