Today I’m sharing one of the most popular Korean street food in Korea, Gyeran-Bbang! Gyeran means egg and Bbang means bread, so it’s Korean egg bread! 😀
I decided to make this recipe video because all the love and support I got from YOU for my Life in Korea Series!
Especially I really want to thank you for all of your love for Korean Street Food episode!! I was so inspire to share the Korean street food recipes with you guy! 😀
Choose your topping is totally up to you and it is endless! I love just simply no topping or just a hint of mild herb like parsley and some cheese~~~!
But be creative, I have seen them going nuts with shrimp, octopus, ham, green onion, and more… @.@ I know, sounds really crazy!
It’s perfect for your breakfast, brunch or snack! 🙂
Hope you guys give this recipe a try one day or even this week/weekend!
- ¾ cup Whole milk (You can substitute to other type of milk but not flavored)
- 2 Tbs. White vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 to 4 Tbs. Sugar (Up to your taste for sweet)
- 2 Tbs. Melted butter
- 1 Egg
- 6 Eggs
- Sea salt
- Any kinds of grated cheese
- Chopped green herbs, such as parsley, basil, chive and etc
- Preheat oven over 400 degrees and grease your muffin pan with non stick spray or butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk and vinegar and set aside. We are making quick homemade butter milk, if you have butter milk in your hand already, then please use it.
- In an other mixing bowl, whisk flour and next 4 ingredients(until sugar) together; add melted butter, 1 egg and milk mixture we made earlier. Whisk until you don’t see any lumps.
- Spoon out about 2 tablespoons into each greased muffin section. Crack 1 egg into each muffin section top of batter and top egg with a bit more batter, about 1 tablespoon.
- Sprinkle with some salt and top with any topping you desire. I used chopped parsley and parmigiano cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until it’s golden brown and fluffy.