It’s raining~ ♥ I don’t know about you guys but I love raining day.
The wet air, water harmony and the foods goes with all the moody situation.
Yes, withoutd the foods I have nothing to talk about! lol
My smiling spatula was there for me which is a very moody girl on rainy day.
First thins is first.
We need to make batter.
The dry ingredients is all purpose flour, salt, black pepper, sugar, and onion powder. Normally I use garlic powder into my dry ingredients but I didn’t have so I skipped. I used 1 clove garlic instead.
And for the vegetables, I used garlic chive, sweet onion and red chili.
I added shrimp for a delicious flavor and texture into the pancake!
Here is my original Chive Pancake Recipe video!
Chive Pancake with seafood Recipe
1. Combine first 8 ingredients mix together, with a whisk. Pour water little by little whisk until combine well.
2. Add chive and next 6 ingredients, mix well.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add 3 Tb oil; swirl to coat and heat.
4. Add 1/4 cup pancake mixture each time, spread out 1/3 inch thick, 5 inch wide. Cook 4 minutes each side or both side crispy, golden brown and cooked. Press down pancake while cooking for extra crispy.
5. Remove, place on paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve with lemon wedges and sour soy sauce.*
*To make sour soy sauce (Cho Jang), combine 2 Tb soy sauce, 1 Tb water and 2 Tb lemon juice.
You also can serve with ponzu sauce. (Citrus Soy Sauce)
In Korea we eat lots of savory pancakes especially raining day. Because the pancake’s sizzling sound is like raining sound, so whenever it’s raining people automatically reminds & wanting to eat pancakes. Funny but makes sense, huh?
Flip over before it burns!!
My smiling spatula saved my pancakes!! lol
Don’t forget to press down for extra crunch pancakes!
And don’t forget to smile~ ♥ ^-^ ♥
Serve with citrus soy sauce or cho jang, and enjoy!!
My hubby loves savory pancakes. When I make pancakes at home, he can’t stop smiling and get excited!
So make this delicious pancake at your house one day!
Everyone will love it, I promise you!
Stay Dry and Good Luck in Your Kitchen!
And don’t forget to smile today! ^-^
Thank you for reading my blog and I love you all~♥
My original Chive Pancake Recipe video! – http://youtu.be/ShmjmHzfUEU