Today, I’m going to share how to make Dumpling Wrappers at home.
It is very useful and helpful recipe to have in your recipe book, because in Asian cuisine we make lots of different kinds of dumpling wrappers and since you have a dough, you can shape however you desired. 🙂
I have a few dumpling recipes that you can try out. If you have any dumpling recipes that wanna try but you don’t see in here, please let me know! 🙂
Fried Dumplings with Cilantro Salad
Dumpling recipes are endless as pizza toppings.
Hopefully you try Homemade Dumpling Wrappers at home and enjoy delicious all kinds dumpling!! 😀
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 20 wrappers 1x
- 1 1/2 cup Sempio Wheat Flour or All purpose flour
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/81rkHdw-XXL._SL1500_-231×300.jpg”][/url]
- 1 Tbs. Corn starch
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, starch and salt. Make a well in a middle of dry ingredients mixture, pour hot water; Slowly incorporated with a spatula.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.32.25-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.32.30-PM.png”][/url]
- When thought flour has been incorporated into water, begin to use hands to forms a dough.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.32.37-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.32.44-PM.png”][/url][url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.32.55-PM.png”][/url]
- When dough came together and they’re are no dry bits left in mixing bowl, take out dough from mixing bowl to a work surface; start kneading dough with both hands. Knead dough about 3 minutes until it’s soft and smooth.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.33.38-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.34.30-PM.png”][/url][url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.34.53-PM.png”][/url]
- Form dough as a bowl and put tin back to mixing bowl and cover with a plastic wrap or place in a plastic bag; let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes on your kitchen counter.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.35.23-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.35.30-PM.png”][/url]
- Divide dough to half and shape each pieces as 6” to 7” long log. Cut each logs halves and then cut into 1/2” wide pieces, you will have 10 equal pieces from a log and 20 equal pieces total.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.36.23-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.36.31-PM.png”][/url][url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.36.51-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.37.00-PM.png”][/url]
- Working on one piece of dough at a time and meanwhile cover rest of them with a damp towel to prevent from drying. Bring one dough at a time to work surface, slightly flatten it with your palm.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten dough into 3 1/2” circle. Place dumpling wrapper on a flour dusted plate and dust each dumpling wrappers so they won’t stick to each others. Cover dumpling wrapper with a plastic wrapper to prevent drying. Repeat with rest of dough and you will have 20 dumpling wrappers.
[url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.37.58-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.38.03-PM.png”][/url][url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.38.24-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-7.38.28-PM.png”][/url]
- Enjoy make many dishes with this homemade dumpling wrappers!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
I’m very happy I found your channel. I have Korean family who I would go and stay with and I loved their food. I have a 1 gallon jar of very fermented kimchee of my imo’s family recipe ..
That’s great! Welcome to Asian at Home! Hope you learn lots of things here!
Hello, this is very interesting because I’m in Italy and I can’t find ready-made dumpling wrappers. It this recipe ok for steam-cooking? I don’t want to fry. Thank you
Yes, this wrapper can be cook any ways- fry, steam, boil and more like pasta. 🙂
The measurements in this recipe says you have to use 1mcup of hot water.
But the recipe on youtube says you have to use 1/2 cup of hot water.
What are the right measurements?
Hi Michelle, Sorry for the confusion. The right measurement is 1/2 cup of hot water. 🙂
My son, who is seven, wants to make dumplings, and I have never done this before. Can I make the wrappers in advance by maybe a few hours? How long will they stay good and how can I protect them from drying out?
Hi, can these be premade and frozen or refrigerated to fill them later?
You can, but make it fresh is so much better!
Thank you for this easy and delicious dumpling wrapper recipe. Handmade wrappers taste so much better than premade ones.
It was so easy to make and looked exactly as you showed in the photos. Thanks for sharing !