Today I’m sharing another fermented soy bean paste which is Miso Soup!
Last time I shared Korean one Doenjang Jjigae, you can click HERE to check the recipe out! 🙂
So, Miso Soup is one of Japanese signature food, it’s their comfort soup that they eat almost every day.
If you have been Japanese restaurant, you probably had this soup or saw it on the menu. I’ve never seen a Japanese restaurant in US (based on where I’ve visited) doesn’t have/serve miso soup.
It’s so tasty you can’t deny! 😉
Miso soup is super simple to make. I you have your dashi stock ready and have miso in your refrigerator, you are more than half way done!
If you want to make homemade dashi stock or want to know more about it, check out my dashi stock post by click HERE!
The solid ingredients are very flexible for your preference, so you definitely have to make it at home!
- 4 cups Dashi stock (Click HERE for the recipe)
- 4 oz. silken tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 Tbs. Dried seaweed (Wakame), soaked in cold water for 5 to 10 minutes
- 4 Tbs. Miso (white miso or yellow miso- white and red mix)
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- Bring dashi stock to boil in a medium pot over high heat; add tofu and seaweed.
- [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.01.48-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.02.15-PM.png”][/url]
- [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.02.22-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.03.19-PM.png”][/url]
- Take 1/4 cup of dash stock in a small bowl and add miso; whisk until miso has mixed completely.
- [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.03.32-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.03.36-PM.png”][/url]
- [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.03.47-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.03.51-PM.png”][/url]
- Add in miso mixture and green onion, turn off heat. Serve immediately.
- [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.03.25-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.03.58-PM.png”][/url]