I made this lunch box for my husband!!
I haven’t named it yet!! HELP!!!
The idea is from the lettuce cup, or lettuce boat.
I wanted to make healthy lunch box for Jacob and still satisfy him.
1 Tablespoon peanut oil or canola oil
3 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 Onion, chopped (About 1/2 cup)
1 lb. Lean ground beef (93/7)
Salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoons grated ginger
1/2 Stalk fresh lemongrass OR substitute 1 Tablespoon frozen lemongrass
1 Tablespoon black vinegar
1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons chili garlic sauce
3 Tablespoons rice wine
1/2 Cup chopped water chestnut
1/2 Cup chopped bamboo shoot
3 Green onions, chopped (About 1/4 cup)
2 Fresno chili pepper, chopped (Optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; Add oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic and onion saute 2 minutes.
2. Season ground beef with salt and pepper. Add beef to pan, and cook for 10minutes or until beef is browned .
3. Meanwhile combine fish sauce and next 6 ingredients (through chili garlic sauce) in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
4. When the meat is browned, add rice wine, let it evaporate about 2 minutes. Stir in water chestnut and bamboo shoot to pan and cook 1 minute. Add the fish sauce mixture cook 2 minutes or everything combine very well together.
5. Remove from heat, add green onion, and next 3 ingredients (through black pepper). Top with cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve with ice burg lettuce, brown rice and sweet chili sauce.
I know, the picture actually top with green onion but I didn’t have cilantro at that time.
I served with brown rice because we are trying to eat healthier.
And it goes very well together.
Brown rice is packed with lots of fiber, omega -3, protein, minerals and more..!!!!
Let’s try to eat healthy but let’s not give up the great flavors and taste!!!
Remember, you can always cook HEALTHY ASIAN FOOD AT YOUR HOUSE!!!
And please help me out to name this dish!!!