Today I’m going to share my delicious, healthy and easy orange chicken recipe with you all!
There is not deep fry process nor tons of sugar in the recipe. So you won’t feel bad at all even though if you eat this every day!
And I meant every day, because it is so good I don’t mind eating this healthy orange chicken.
I use chicken breast, but doesn’t meant this healthy orange chicken will be dry. Because I have my secret weapon, all Chinese chefs use in their restaurant!
You definitely don’t want to miss out this recipe, it is a keeper!
If you follow my recipe and directions, you won’t miss the deep fry chicken or chicken thighs, just trust me!
Honestly, I like this healthy orange chicken better than from panda express or any other Chinese take out restaurants. It is flavorful, juicy, tender and deeeeelicious!
I highly recommend you to make this week night dinner since it is so quick to make, or weekend lunch/dinner with family and friends, you will be the star! 😀
Hope you enjoy my Healthy Orange Chicken recipe easy, and good luck in your kitchen~!
Watch the video to understand the process a lot easier and you can remember better! 😀
- 2 boneless,skinless chicken breast (Approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 tsp. Soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine)*
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 Tbs. Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs. Sambal (Chili garlic sauce)
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Soy sauce
- Fresh juice form 1 orange
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger, same amount with garlic
- 2 Green onions
- 3 Tbs. High smoke point cooking oil (Such as peanut, canola, vegetable, sunflower or avocado oil)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Slice chicken into ¼ inch thin. In a mixing bowl, add sliced chicken and rest of ingredients for chicken. Mix well with your hand, until chicken is coated evenly with sauce. Set aside.
- While chicken is marinate, let’s make sauce and prepare vegetables. In another mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for sauce. Whisk until sugar has dissolved, set aside.
- Roughly chop garlic, julienne ginger and chop green onion, set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat; add cooking oil and swirl to coat. Add chopped garlic and ginger, stir fry until you can smell the fragrance, about 30 seconds.
- Add marinated chicken into wok, combine with garlic and ginger. Spread chicken evenly bottom of work, and cook until it’s golden brown and crispy, about a couple minutes. Turn it over, and cook other side for a couple minutes or until chicken is cooked ¾ way.
- Add sauce we made earlier; stir fry until sauce has thicken, chicken is fully cooked and coated with sauce evenly, about a couple minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat, add chopped green onion, stir until combined.
- Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with more chopped green onion and sesame seeds.