3 weeks ago, I bought a huge plant of basil, and I really didn’t know where to use ’em all! They were HUGE like a leaf size of my palm, no kidding! I which I took a pic, I don’t know why I didn’t. So anyways, I used in lots of different foods and one day, I decided to make basil pesto! Sounded SO good, and it turned out deliciously!!
The recipe is very simple, too.
- A bundle of humongous basil
- handful of not-toasted nuts* (such as pine nuts but this time I used cashew just because I had in my pantry.)
- 2 cloves garlic
- fresh juice from 1 lemon
- plenty of grated parmigiano
- salt and pepper
- healthy amount of great quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Add all in food processor accept evoo, and ground until everything combined evenly. Start adding evoo slowly with the machine is on.
- Taraaaa~!! You have homemade basil pesto, pretty authentic one, in your food processor!!! Now put that into refrigerator if you are not using it in 10 minutes.
- You can use this basil pesto as sauce for your pasta, dip or even a spread for your sandwich!
OMG, Jacob and I LOVED that simpleness of the food. Especially we eat lots of exotic Asian food at home, some times, food like this simple we really appreciated.
When you don’t feel like cooking, or nothing really sounds good- you should try this!!!