Today I’m really happy to share this delicious Mongolian Beef Recipe with you all!
First time when I made this at home, I couldn’t believe how amazingly it turned out! But I didn’t use right kind of cut of beef, so I deiced to use different cut of beef to try this recipe a couple times after I perfected the sauce. I decided that beef chuck was the best cut of meat to make this recipe, price wise and how it works so well with the recipe.
I used expensive cuts too, but it’s not really worth it or some of them are actually turned out so chewy or dry.
The ingredients are so simple, but the flavor is the BOMB!! ???
Hope you guys give this recipe a try one day at home!
- 1 lb. Beef chuck
- 2 Tbs.Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine)
- ¼ cup Corn starch
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 Egg
- ⅛ tsp. Black pepper
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- ¼ cup Cold water
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 8 Cloves garlic
- 2 Bundles of green onion
- Frying oil (approximately 2 cups) Canola, peanut, vegetable oils are recommended
- 2 Tbs. Cooking oil, Canola, peanut, vegetable oils are recommended
- Toaste sesame seeds to taste
- Trim unnecessary fat from beef and cut into bite size, ⅛ to ¼ inch thin slices.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients of Marinade for the Meat; mix well with your hand until you don’t see any lumps. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine all ingredients of the Sauce; whisk until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Roughly chop garlic, set aside. Cut top end and root of green onions. Cut into halves lengthwise and then cut into 2 inches long pieces. Set aside.
- Pour frying oil into your wok, at least 1½ to 2 inches deep. (My wok needed about 2 cups, but it’s depending on your wok size.) Heat oil over high heat to 350°F (176°C).
- Carefully add half amount of beef into wok, and stir with a spatula to separate them. We are doing batches so beef will cook evenly quicker. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is cooked and golden brown. Gently take them out from wok to a plate or wide bowl that lined with paper towels. Repeat with rest of beef. Set aside.
- Pour out oil into a heat proof bowl. If you would like to use this oil again, let them cool while you are cooking and eating and then strain through a paper towel lined strainer so you can reuse it other time.
- Wipe your wok with paper towel lightly, inside and out. Heat your wok over high heat and add 2 Tbs. cooking oil. Add chopped garlic and stir fry until you can smell fragrance of garlic, about 45 second to 1 minute.
- Add fried beef into wok, stir fry with garlic and oil. About 45 second to 1 minute.
- Add sauce, and stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until meat has absorbed most of sauce.
- Now add green onions, and stir try one last time, for about 30 second to 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with toasted sesame seeds if you like.
Enjoy with warm cooked rice!