This is my first gluten free recipe that I’m sharing with you all!! WOOTWOOT~!
Sweet mango, refreshing mint and meaty prawn all together is SO-Decious!!!
This salad recipe is a perfect lunch for a sunny day! 😉
I made this recipe during ‘Restaurant Express’ show on Food Network and it was a success!!!
Cooking prawn perfectly(no over cook shrimp!!) is very important for this recipe, so watch while your cooking your shrimp, it takes only 1 min 30 sec to 2 min!!
*You can also grill, pan-fry or boil the prawn if you prefer. 🙂
*You can substitute prawn to jumbo or large size shrimp. 🙂
Hope you enjoy it~!!
- 1 tsp. Grated ginger root
- 1 Tbs. Stone grounded Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sambal (Chili paste)
- ¼ tsp.Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 Ripe mango (not mush though), peeled and shredded in large size cheese grater
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- Handful fresh mint, leaves are picked (You can substitute to basil, cilantro or a couple of different mixture of herbs)
- 8 Prawns, peeled and deveined. (See Notes)
- Frying oil
- Heat a skillet filled with oil about 1" high from surface over medium high heat for deep fry prawns. (See Notes) Let it reach to 350 degrees.
- Mean while, In a mixing bowl, add ginger and next 5 ingredients (until pepper) and mix well. Add shredded mango, green onion and mint toss evenly.
- Add prawns in heated oil and fry for 1 min 30 sec to 2 min. It won't take long at all. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with a small pinch of salt.
- Add fried prawns into mango mint salad and toss.
- Place on a serving plate and serve immediately. Enjoy!!
*You can also grill, pan-fry or boil the prawn if you prefer.