My second egg drop recipe is Japanese style! It’s dash broth base and has tons of flavors!!
Hope you try my Japanese Style Egg Drop Soup at home!!! Enjoy!!
Japanese Style Egg Drop Soup
Author: Seonkyoung Longest
- 1½ cups dashi broth
- ⅛ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon tsuyu (Japanese seasoned sweet soy sauce)
- 1½ teaspoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 egg, cracked and beaten
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- Black or white pepper for taste
- Pour dashi broth in a small sauce pan; add ginger and tsuyu; bring to boil over high heat.
- Add salt and pepper into egg and scramble, set aside.
- Combine corn starch and water; add into boiling broth, while string broth. Bring back to boil; add egg while string broth with chopsticks or spoon. Bring back to boil and remove from heat.
- Add green onion and serve warm.
To make dashi broth; Soak 3"x3" dried seaweed AKA Konbu or Dashima in 1⅓ cup water for 10 min in a sauce pan. Bring it to boil, remove dried seaweed and add ¼ cup of dried bonito flakes, AKA katuobushi. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 min. Remove from heat, drain and it's ready to use!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 160 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 2g Unsaturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 7g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 919mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 15g Cholesterol: 189mg