I’ve been sick for a last few days, had to take day off and relax my body. I guess my body hit the limit even though *I think* I took care of my body really well. I do yoga and meditate in the morning, drink green smoothie everyday, take vitamin, omega 3 and all kinds of good stuff but wasn’t good enough to work straight 3 months with out no day of relaxing. Because I work for the restaurant at least 10 hours a day or 12 hours and when I have day off of a bit free time I do my own work, which is what I’m doing right now! Filming new videos for my Youtube cooking shows, blogging and more! Which is I absolutely love to do! So even though I’m very tired I didn’t stop doing it. Nothing can stop me! lol
Anyways, I went to doctor and she *order* me to have some rest, at least 2 to 3 days and I did! I’m a good girl, I listen! lol I feel so much better now I probably can’t filming another episode this week, but I will more focus on written recipes, design my Asian at Home logo and stuff like that.
Thank you so much for all your support and love, I know I say this all the time but it never enough. I wish I could give you guys a hug each one and say thank you and I love you. I really do appreciated all of you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I hope you guys enjoy this Korean Fried Chicken recipe, it’s perfect for party, snack or even for a meal for one!
- *** For the Sweet & Spicy Sauce ***
- 1 Tbs. Toasted sesame oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ of Small yellow onion, very small diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 1 Tbs. Mirin (Seasoned rice wine)
- 2 Tbs. Rice vinegar
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- *** For the Fried Chicken Bites ***
- ½ lb. Chicken tender, cut into 1" cubes- bite sizes (See notes)
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Pepper
- 3 Tbs. Corn starch or potato starch
- 3 Tbs. Short grain or Jasmine rice flour
- 6 Tbs. water
- Frying oil
- First we are going to make sweet & spicy sauce. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat; add sesame oil, swirl to coat. Add in garlic and onion, sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 to 4 min. Add Gochujang and next 4 ingredients(Until sugar), stir until all ingredients are well combined. Simmer for 2 to 3 min or until it's thicken. Mix in sesame seeds and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken cubes and next 5 ingredients(Until water) with your hand.
- In a pan pour frying oil until it comes up 1½ inch high from the bottom of the pan. Heat the pan over medium heat, 325 degrees. Add chicken that coated with batter and fry for 5 min, shouldn't be golden brown yet but cooked through. Depending on the size of your pan, you might have to do batches. Take chicken bites out from oil and place on paper lined plate. Repeat until you are done with chicken mixture.
- Heat oil over medium hight heat and bring oil temp to 375 degrees. Add now-once-fried chicken into oil and fry for 1 min or until nice golden brown out side and crispy. Take chicken bites out from oil and place on paper lined plate.
- Warm up sweet & spicy sauce that we made earlier, and toss in chicken bites. Coat evenly with sauce. If you prefer serve sauce on the side, you can absolutely do it!
- Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with some toasted sesame seeds if you desired. Enjoy!