I have no idea where my Asian Zing Wings (Asian Zing Sauce) written recipe were, so I just wrote down again! I don’t think I’ve never shared this recipe after I renewed my website. Anyways here it is now! It’s my first chicken wing recipe and I had so much fun making it!
This recipe was the first recipe I actually did “Recipe Test” a few times before I film and it means a lot to me. I grew up so much since then (I filmed this video March 2012), and my life has totally changed with my passion and love for cooking. What can I say, I’m so blessed and I’m so happy!!
If you haven’t tried this recipe, you’ve got to try! I inspired this recipe from Asian Zing Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings and I think mine is better! HA! lol My Asian Zing sauce is really a killer!
Hope you enjoy as much as we did!!
Good Luck in your kitchen!
- 16 Chicken wings
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Korean red pepper flakes or regular red flakes
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. rice wine
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 5 Tbs. A/P flour
- Cooking oil or cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbs. Rice wine
- 1½ Tbs. Soy sauce
- ½ Tbs. Black pepper corns
- 3 Cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 Thin slices of ginger
- ¼ of medium size yellow onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 Green onion, cut into halves
- ⅓ cup Dried Asian chilies, lightly crushed
- 1 Tbs. Molasses
- 1 Tbs. Rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Sambal (Chili garlic paste)
- ½ Tbs. Oyster sauce
- 1 Tbs. Corn starch water *See notes
- Chopped green onion or chive for garnish, optional
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with heavy duty foil and brush with cooking oil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken wings and next 6 ingredients and mix well with your hand. Coat with flour evenly. Place on lined and greased baking sheet, make sure at lease ¼" room between wings. Drizzle some oil on top of wings or spray with cooking spray. Pop it in preheated oven and cook 25 min. Flip over each wings and cook additional 5 min.
- While we are cooking wings, let's make Asian Zing sauce! In a sauce pan, add water and next 9 ingredients (Until Molasses). Bring it to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 min.
- Drain to discard all the chunk of vegetables and turn the sauce back to sauce pan. Add rice vinegar, samba and oyster sauce. Bring sauce to boil and add corn starch water while you are whisking sauce. Remove from heat.
- Coat baked wings with Asian Zing sauce evenly, garnish with chopped green onion or chive. Serve hot and enjoy!!